Our Community is committed to serving the poorest among us. In keeping with this commitment, 15% of our offertory is given to charities chosen by the Community.
This quarter we are partnering with Spiritus Christi, Rochester in their H.O.P.E. project empowering the people of Haiti as they rebuild their community.
In the past we have assisted:
- Rural Water Ventures: Saving children's lives in rural Nicaraguan villages (click here to see how our donation is being used)
- The Maia Project: Bringing Clean Water to the Children of Palestine
- Kids4Peace Boston (an interfaith, non-political organization of Jews, Christians, and Muslims that fosters friendship, understanding and respect between families in the Boston area by hosting children of these three faiths from Jerusalem in a summer program)
- Casserly House (serving immigrant children and adults through tutorials and summer camp programs)
- SAFE PASSAGE
- Earth N'Vessels
- St. Boniface Haiti Foundation (working to bring healthcare to victims of the devastating earthquake and to help to rebuild Haiti)
- ABBY'S HOUSE in Worcester (serving homeless and battered women and children)
- "Bridge to Africa" project initiated by a young Peace Corps worker from the Boston area to provide drinking water for the African village of Baraboulé, Burkina Faso.